Go on a legend reborn.
Strong, muscular lines. Impeccable manners. Outstanding engineering. A tour de force. Voted 'Cruiser of the Year' by Cycle World magazine, Thunderbird rewrites the rules and brings Triumph's reputation for handling and engineering excellence to the cruiser market. Personalization? No problem, with great paint schemes and over 100 accessories. It's what cruiser riders have been waiting for.
The critically acclaimed new Thunderbird is a revelation. The bike that cruiser riders have been waiting for. But its turning heads among other types of rider too. Why? Because it delivers - on looks, on power, on handling, on comfort, on everything.
On the road or on the spec sheet, Thunderbird leads the way. Sit astride the well appointed low seat and enjoy the high quality chrome that dominates the design.
The tank mounted speedo includes a small built in tacho and on-board computer which includes clock, two trip meters and a fuel gauge. Low maintenance belt drive, Triumph’s first in the modern era, delivers the torque smoothly and cleanly, while the cycle parts ooze class and quality. Anti-lock brakes are an option for the Thunderbird, offering extra reassurance on all road conditions.
But riding a cruiser is all about individuality and with over 100 accessories you can personalize your Thunderbird and find your own unique look. From stripped down street rod to a soft bagged tourer, the Thunderbird delivers with style and charisma.
- 1,600cc Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin, 270 degree firing interval 1,600cc Triumph engine with unmistakable character, sound and pulling power. Delivers near endless torque at low revs with 85bhp) and 108ft.lbs at 2,750rpm.
- Transmission: Each gear change with the six-speed box feels precise, smooth and satisfying. The first belt driven Triumph since 1922, it grabs all that torque and plants it on the road. Low maintenance rear pulley is durable and clean running.
- Chassis: Supple suspension for mile eating. A finely calibrated system which blends effortlessly to complement the bike's looks. Rear adjustable for preload, it's ready to go - one up or two. Dual front discs deliver smooth and progressive braking. ABS available too.
- Instruments: Class leading instruments, tank mounted. Large speedo, tacho, two trip meters and fuel gauge in a chromed nacelle with unique Thunderbird logo.
- Seats: Just 27.5in off the ground. Cruise alone or with a partner and still plant both feet on the ground. Well padded and comfortable with a range of seat accessories for even more comfort.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, Parallel-twin, 270º firing interval
- Capacity: 1597cc
- Bore/Stroke: 103.8 x 94.3mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection, progressive linkage on throttle
- Exhaust: Chromed twin-skin stainless steel 2 into 1 into 2, tandem large-volume catalysts in centralized catbox, chrome-plated exhaust
- Final Drive: Toothed Belt
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed constant mesh, helical type 2nd - 6th
- Oil Capacity: 4.2 liters (1.1 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular Steel, twin spine
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, steel
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 19 x 3.5 in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 6 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire: 200/50 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 47mm forks. 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa chromed spring twin shocks with 5 position adjustable preload. 95mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310mm floating discs. Nissin 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes: Single 310mm fixed disc. Brembo 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer featuring integrated rev counter, scroll button on handlebars, LCD trip computer, fuel gauge and clock
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2340 mm (92.1 in)
- Width (handlebars): 880 mm (34.6 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1120 mm (44.1 in)
- Seat Height: 700 mm (27.5 in)
- Wheelbase: 1615 mm (63.5 in)
- Rake/Trail: 32º/151mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 22 liters (5.8 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 339 kg (746 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 86PS / 85bhp / 63 kW @ 4850rpm
- Maximum Torque: 146Nm / 108 ft.lbs @ 2750rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 38 MPG City / 56 MPG Highway