The BMW K 1600 B.
TAKE A RELAXED CRUISE ANYTIME.
If you're hungry for asphalt and for new horizons, then the Bagger is the motorcycle for your journey. With its six cylinders, it delivers impressive power and extraordinary running smoothness. Let the journey begin. You and the bike become one with the road in the Bagger silhouette: the chopped windscreen and the striking rear ensure an unmistakable appearance. Behind its good looks is a great deal of innovative technology and a high level of comfort. So get going with the K 1600 B.
- Six-cylinder in-line engine: An extraordinary running smoothness with 1,649 cc capacity, while 70% of the peak torque is already achieved at 1,500 rpm.
- LED indicators and brake lights integrated into the cases: The striking rear underlines the streamlined silhouette of the bagger.
- Chrome details: High-quality chrome parts ensure elegance and visible luxury.
- Tubular handlebars: Cruise in bagger style.
- Low seat for more comfort: The height of the low seat is comfortable and easier to access at the same time.
- Reverse Assist: Ensures effortless maneuvering.
- Footrest plates: The redesigned footrest plates ensure comfortable support.
- Chopped windscreen: The new windscreen allows for both a greater presence and wind protection.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore / stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kw) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb-ft (175 Nm) at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Mixture control: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
Performance / Fuel Consumption
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC: 41 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 700 W alternator
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive 2.75:1
Chassis / Brakes
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Paralever
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 4.5" / 4.9" (115 mm / 125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.7" (1,618 mm)
- Castor: 4.2" (106.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17"
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
Dimensions / Weights
- Length: 97.3" (2,470 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4" (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 51.2" (1,300 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 30.7", Low Seat: 29.5"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 69.7", Low Seat: 67.7"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 741 lbs (336 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,235 lbs (560 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 494 lbs (224 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 7.0 gal (26.5 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (4 l)
- 3 Ride Modes (Rain/Road/Dynamic)
- ABS Pro
- DTC (Dynamic Traction Control)
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats (Rider + Passenger)
- Dynamic ESA
- LED Tail Light
- Hill Start Control Pro
- Multifunction Display
- Power Socket
- On-Board Computer
- Saddle Bags in Body Color
- Seat 29.5" Height (Low)
- Stepless Power Adjustable Windshield
- Standard Seat 29.5"
- Xenon Headlight with Dynamic Leveling
Unladen Weight as defined in EU directive 93/93/EEC, filled with all operating fluids, fuelled to at least 90% of usable tank capacity.
Images of the motorcycle on this website may show equipment that is optional or only available in Europe.