The BMW C 400 X.
Make more of your city.
The C 400 X gives you the opportunity to take advantage of everything that the city has to offer while you're on the move. It's a mid-size scooter that easily overcomes the challenges of travel in a city. Just take your favorite songs with you on the scooter and experience the city to your own personal soundtrack. You can make plans with friends on your connected smartphone without dismounting while you cruise comfortably through the metropolis. With the C 400 X, your city and routes become an open space of your own.
- Keyless Ride: The following closing functions are controlled: ignition, handlebars, bench, fuel filler cap, storage compartment.
- Windscreen: The panels provide the perfect balance of wind and weather protection against a narrow and maneuverable front.
- Connectivity: Via the TFT display and the BMW Motorrad Multi-Control panel, vehicle and connectivity peripherals can be conveniently operated.
- Engine: Perfectly adapted to the needs of the city.
- Keyless Ride: Start your scooter with ease with keyless ride.
- Smartphone charging case: Keep your smartphone or keys handy.
- Automatic Stability Control: Ensure your safety in adverse road conditions.
- Flexcase: Perfect solution for additional luggage space.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder engine, four valves, single overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 69.6 mm
- Capacity: 350 cc
- Rated output: 34 hp (25 kW) at 7,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 26 lb-ft (35 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 11.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
Performance / Fuel Consumption
- Maximum speed: 86 mph
- Fuel consumption: 67 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three Phase 316 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Centrifugal clutch
- Gearbox: CVT gearbox
- Drive: Two step spur gearing
Chassis / Brakes
- Frame: Tubular steel with die-cast aluminum sections
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic front fork, Ø 35 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Two sided aluminum swingarm, double spring struts, adjustable preload
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.3" / 4.4" (110 mm / 112 mm)
- Wheelbase: 61.6" (1,565 mm)
- Castor: 3.2" (81 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.6°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 15"
- Rim, rear: 4.25 x 14"
- Tires, front: 120/70 R 15
- Tires, rear: 150/70 R 14
- Brake, front: Double disc brake, diameter 265 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
Dimensions / Weights
- Length: 87" (2,210 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 32.8" (835 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 51.4" (1,305 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 30.5", Low Seat: 29.9"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 69.3", Low Seat: TBD
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 450 lbs (204 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 893 lbs (405 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 443 lbs (201 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 3.4 gal (12.8 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (4 l)
- Adjustable Rear Suspension Spring Preload
- Center Stand
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- CVT Transmission
- Flex Case
- LED Tail Light
- LED Turn Signals
- Power Socket
- On-Board Computer
- Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- Torque Control Assist
- Twin LED Headlights
- Upside-Down Forks
Unladen Weight as defined in EU directive 93/93/EEC, filled with all operating fluids, fuelled to at least 90% of usable tank capacity.
Images of the motorcycle on this website may show equipment that is optional or only available in Europe.